We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Current Weather in Glacier

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Current Weather in Glacier

I was looking at the weather reports for Kalispell/Whitefish where I will be staying two nights (upper 80's high-lows 50's) What I forgot was to look at the weather for the rest of the Great Lodges of Glacier tour. It seems that Waterton, Many Glacier, most of the lodges in the park have a high of 61 degrees and lows in the upper 20's & low 30's for next week when we arrive. Is it really that cold there right now ??

Wyoming
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Current Weather in Glacier

We were just there July 2-4 and I didn't check a thermometer, but we had great weather. I wore tank tops & shorts during the day, jeans & jackets at night. Hope that helps.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Current Weather in Glacier

MerryLand,

All I can say is the weather here in MT can get crazy and the weatherman is right about 50% of the time. On July 4th at 4:30 pm I looked out my window to see hailstones the size of garbonzo beans bouncing off our lawn with a mad fury. The thermometer read 80 degrees. I am not kidding! The storm passed quickly, dumping several inches of rain then returning to sunshine and heat.

I can guarantee you that whatever weather predictions you are reading will only be a vague approximation of what you may experience. Bring clothing appropriate for hot and cold weather and you'll be fine.

Most importantly, come with the attitude that you will enjoy whatever weather Mother Nature dishes out. There is beauty to be found in all of it, and not a darn thing anyone of us can do other than to be prepared and not get too attached to our idea of how a day should go.

Have fun!

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Current Weather in Glacier

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Just a little relieved to hear it could get warm enough for shorts & t-shirts. I know to bring pants & fleece jacket-but the weatherforcast at 60 degrees for high & 20's for the lows seemed a bit more than cool or chilly nights to me! I'll do as you guys told me when planning earlier, layers!! ( And I'll shop for my sweatshirts when I get there!:)

One more question, since I'll only be doing easy hikes (more like walks) will all terrain sneakers be appropriate for us?

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Current Weather in Glacier

You're smart to shop for sweatshirts when you get here since you'll want a souvenier anyway. You will be fine with tennis shoes, or walking shoes. No need to bring out the hiking boots for short or moderate hikes, as the trails are nice.

Hope you have a remarkably relaxing time....you MD's and spouses get enough of the stresses in life and I'm sure you both deserve a full dose of Mother Nature's healing energy.

5. Re: Help! Current Weather in Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:16