We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Bear Adventure

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Great Bear Adventure

I'm going on the Lodge tour, but will have free afternoon Thursday & freeday on Friday & hopefully a rental car for those two days. How far is Coram from Whitefish (where we'll be staying)? Only 6 more days, hubby seems a bit worried hoping these rustic lodges will have heat....reviews haven't been the greatest, hopefully we can survive for 5 nights in the 5 different lodges (i think)..

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Bear Adventure

Great Bear Adventure--and I love this place--is on your way between Whitefish and GNP. Look for the bright yellow fence on the left side of the highway as you drive to Coram from WF. The distance depends on where you are staying in WF, from downtown it's about a 20-30 minute drive.

Tell hubby to bring his sense of humour! Any challenging situation is made better with it. That and some huckleberry ice cream or other such treats.

See if you can catch David Walburn's music and slide show at Many Glacier Hotel. He's a local musician who plays there throughout the summer and it will give you a nice feel for our gorgeous area (plus, it's the only "night life" around!)

Whitefish is full of fun things to do, great places to eat, that gorgeous lake where you can go swimming (lakes in the park are much colder), and high end galleries and shops.

It's not as wild out west as one might think....keep reassuring hubby that all will be well. People have been vacationing here for decades and most keep coming back!

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Bear Adventure

Thanks again for the info on Great Bear Adventure. I'll be renting a car for Thursday & Friday, we're staying at the Lodge @ Whitefish (I think). Hopefully we can drive to Great Bear Adventure on Friday.

You're right about the stress here in MD. We do Construction work and things have definately slowed down in construction. Luckily we have great employees and a daughter that can run the business while we're outta town.

Thanks Again.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Bear Adventure

And here I thought you were a doctor! Construction can be just as many headaches. I've got both occupations covered in my family.

You will have a relaxing, luxurious time at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake, I'm sure.

Great Bear Adventure is something you can do in an hour, it's entirely up to you because you can drive the loops on the 15 acre preserve as many times as you like, stopping as often as you like, but keeping your windows closed (strict rules).

You may be interested to note that here in the Flathead Valley construction has slowed just a bit. Still massive number of trophy homes being built and many more subdivisions to make way for retirees and others seeking to leave the rat race. Hopefully your time here will be spent not thinking of construction!

4. Re: Great Bear Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park