We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from GNP!

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from GNP!

After weeks of asking questions about the Lodges of Glacier Tours, I can finally let everyone know that yes, if you have the money to spend for trip out west, it was well worth every dime! It included 6 days of Red Bus touring, most of the meals were included. The Going to the Sun Road was spectacular. We got to stay at Glacier Park Lodge, Prince of Whales, McDonald Lodge, Many Glacier Hotel (2 nights), . All were a great experience (of course my favorite of all was the Many Glacier Area). We only saw one black bear along the roadside and he was gone in a flash. I was disappointed in one way we didn't see more wildlife, but in another, I was really glad they didn't come around while we were hiking...

Our trip was great and the Cattle Baron Supper Club was Great!! (as expected from the forum reviews), The pie from Park Cafe was the Best! We tried Razzleberry, Strawberry Rubarb, but best of all was the Peach!! The weather was perfect for the whole trip (one morning showerers), but even that was refreshing... While staying at the Many Glacier, the sunrise on the Mountain was amazing. It looked like candy corn at approx 5:45 am. Loved GNP...

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from GNP!

Thanks for letting us know how your trip went! I'm so glad you had a great first experience in Glacier...it is a magnificent park! I'm glad to hear you also agree the Cattle Baron Supper Club is excellent because I'll be staying just a few miles away from it. Staying in all of the lodges, I am sure, was an amazing thing to do. They are all so different, yet beautiful in their own ways.

Sean

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from GNP!

Thanks for letting us know about your adventure "out west" and I'm glad that you had splendid weather (bugs could have been less pesky, I know). May your memories be treasured ones!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from GNP!

I'm glad to hear that you had a great vacation. Thanks for coming back to post the feedback on your trip. And, yes, those mountain sunrises are spectacular, aren't they?

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
190 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from GNP!

Could you give me more details on the Cattle Baron Supper Club? The reviews here are all over the place and it seems that it is either a love/hate experience, with no middle ground at all. I will be in the area early Sept. and spending two nights at Babb, so this place may be on my list.

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from GNP!

My husband really likes good steak. We eat out a few times a week, mostly seafood here in Souther Md (Blue Crab Season), but when he eats steak he wants a good tender juicy steak. I usually eat filet. After reading the reviews we talked our tour bus driver into taking 8 of us on the bus there to eat.

All 8 of us really enjoyed our dinner. There wasn't one complaint and we were too stuffed for dessert right away. Our driver went and picked us up a couple of pies from Park Cafe and we tok them to Many Glacier Hotel and enjoyed the Razzleberry and Peach pie.

Since we were staying in Whitefish after our Great Lodges of Glacier tour, we drove back to the Cattle Baron Supper Club for dinner. My husband said the steak that night wasn't as good as the first night, but it was still better than of lot of the steaks he's had. If in the area, we would definately go there again.

6. Re: Just returned from GNP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park