We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay near Kalispell airport

San Francisco Bay...
1 post
Save Topic
place to stay near Kalispell airport

My family will be traveling to GNP on Aug 10 and returnig to SF Bay area on Aug 19. Our flt home is at 6am so we want to find a place to stay somewhat close to the Kalispell airport the night before the flight. Any suggestions?

Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay near Kalispell airport

We had this same situation in May and decided just to stay in Glacier. No hotels are particularly close to FCA. Columbia Falls is the closest town, but they don't have a lot of lodging options. The Best Western or HI-E on the south side of Whitefish might be good options. Since we were staying at Apgar, we decided the move wasn't worth the hassle. You won't have any early morning traffic to speak of.

MD
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay near Kalispell airport

We just returned and same thing, I decided to spend two nights in the Whitefish area. Our room was very pricey there, we spend the first day driving back to Babb for dinner. We did enjoy just driving around taking in the views the second day and we weren't far from the airport. I think Whitefish area is about a 20 minute max trip to the airport. When we return, we'll just stay in the Many Glacier area and head early, although it was pretty nice taking our dirty laundry to the cleaners and having them wash, dry and fold them for $ 17.00 while we did some driving around.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
232 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay near Kalispell airport

We just got back from GNP and spent our last night at the Hampton Inn in Kalispell, about 20 minutes from the airport. It is a fairly new property and quite nice. Our traveling companions, who also had a 6am flight,were told that the Hampton Inn shuttle would take them to the airport at whatever time they wanted to leave. They took the shuttle at 4:45 am and made it to the airport in plenty of time for their flight. Just make your shuttle reservation with the front desk the night before.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay near Kalispell airport

Right, there are no hotels near FCA. However, there are several hotels in Kalispell with free shuttles to FCA. The flight crews stay at the Red Lion Inn, which is attached to the Kalispell Center Mall (not a spectacular shopping or dining destination by any account). If you stick with the flight crews you're pretty certain to make your flight out OK.

The Hampton Inn is an award winning one, and also has a free shuttle. We've had many business associates stay here and they all like it.

There is a new Holiday Inn Express near the new big box stores of Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, etc. They most likely have a free shuttle, but I don't know for certain.

Enjoy your trip! (I just got back from the Bay Area leaving on that 6 am flight...it's not my favorite! Also, it's busy time at FCA, so get through security right away. FCA TSA people take their jobs very seriously and are often meticulous.)

5. Re: place to stay near Kalispell airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 09:16