We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting in Glacier

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
153 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Rafting in Glacier

We are a mature couple with a little rafting/kayaking experience looking to do some rapids in GNP in July. We are looking at Montana Raft Co. and Wild River Adventures. Does anyone have any experiences with these companies (or others) to share?

Thanks much,

My_AZ

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting in Glacier

Montana Raft Company and Glacier Raft Company are both long-time, well-established and reputable outfits. I don't know anything about Wild River. Our daughter was a guide for several summers at the first two I mentioned. They are conscientious about caring for the environment, they place your safety as the first priority, and they don't overload the rafts. They are also good contibutors to our local communities.

Have fun!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting in Glacier

ditto River Days comments

Columbia Falls...
Level Contributor
82 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting in Glacier

As I have mentioned previously, I prefer Wild River, as the owner has had the business since 1985, and has many many returning employees. He has a sincere desire to provide comfort for his clients, even takes fewer folks per boat, so you have more room. Hope this helps.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
153 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafting in Glacier

I am the original poster and want to update my posting.

We did go with Montana Raft Co. and had a GREAT experience. Though the rapids were a little milder than we'd hoped, the guide was the best we've ever had in about a dozen rafting experiences all over the country. I would recommend her without hesitation.

My_AZ

Thousand Oaks, CA
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafting in Glacier

Just returned from a great trip to Glacier-we did a half-day trip with Glacier Raft. They were top-notch. There were just six of us on the raft. I was nervous at first but our guide gave great instructions and we all had so much fun.

6. Re: Rafting in Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 05:17