We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

We're experienced campers and want to rent a tent camper for several weeks to do Glacier and Yellowstone. Any suggestions where we can rent same? We're flying into Billings and out again but would pick up a camper anyplace around the area! Kindly give us your thoughts!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Well, by golly, why do ya want to rent a camper all the way out in Missouri? (MO : Missouri, MT : Montana)

I will ask around to see if anyone knows of any place other than the Cruise America type.

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Thanks for any assistance!

I"ve written several camper RV companies in Montana and none are renting tent campers and all offered us travel trailers...which we don't want to tow over those big mountains and roads.

We know from being out there just how BIG the Big Sky IS. We'd just like a tent camper to pop up and skeedale on down the road whenever we want to do so!

Hope someone will come up with a little tent camper for us to make our trip a camping one.

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Well over a decade ago we rented a pop-up tent trailer from Rocky Mountain RV (714 East Main Street, Bozeman,MT, 59715, 406-587-8606) and spent a couple weeks on the Washington coast. We enjoyed it so much we ended up buying one. We sold it to another young family when our kids were grown. It might be worth a call to see if they still rent them. It's not in Billings, but it would be on your way.

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

What a memory to recall where you rented a "decade ago"!

I'm ON this and will give them a call in a few hours when they might be open. I forget about these time changes here in Ohio.

Thanks and I"ll let you know how this comes out!

j

illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

You might want to check with your rental car company. there are no company's that allow towing anything that i am aware of. we tried that and found out it wouldn't work. if you find one please post it here and i would appreciate it. we leave tonite at 2 am. getting antsee now

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Enterprise rents pickup trucks that I presume would tow.

Did you check with Pierce RV? http://www.piercerv.com/rentals.php

They're a local Billings company.

I'd also check craigslist.

illinois
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

nope can't legally tow even with a pick up. i tried that also

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

I guess I can see why. Trailer + high wind (ever been to Livingston MT? They can't have wind farms there because they get blown to pieces) equals liability nightmare.

Are you driving up, Jane?

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Whew......I didn't know those tent campers cannot be towed. We are traveling with friends who are going to tow one out there so I better give them a headsup.

Looking at places to stay the end of Aug and fisrt week of Sept is going to be problematic now. This is going to take some thought and time.

thanks so much for your reply!

Jane

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to rent a tent camper in Billings MO???

Thanks for your note. I called the RV place and now they only rent/sell big rigs. Am being told that even towing a tent camper isn't allowed b/c of winds,etc. so this trip will be harder for us to arrange to find less expensive places to stay....and besides, we prefer camping anyway, but..

Jane