We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flathead Area west of Glacier

Ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flathead Area west of Glacier

Just read from seasoned travelers out there that the Flathead area is a "must see".

We'd like to go over there to camp and check it out.

Any suggestions from anyone about what to see, where to stay,etcetcetc.

THANKS for any help.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flathead Area west of Glacier

All my camping has been in the aprk so I can't help you there. Seek out RIVERDAYS for more of that help and Flathead guide.

Bigfork is the "artsy" town with shops and a theatre in the summer. Whitefish is the party town with great food and bars and also some good shopping. It is a pretty valley and Flathead lake is huge. There is also the Swan valley east of Bigfork for a nice drive.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flathead Area west of Glacier

I haven't spent an incredible amount of time in the Flathead Valley, but can vouch that Whitefish is a nice town. Flathead Lake is very beautiful. I've heard going to the east side of Flathead Lake to pick/eat Flathead cherries is great! They have fantastic cherries! Big Mountain/Whitefish Mountain is a great idea just north of Whitefish. You can take a ride up to the top of the mountain, do a zip line, or take a "Walk in the Treetops." Just north of Missoula is the National Bison Range, which I've heard is very nice.

florida
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flathead Area west of Glacier

Last summer we stayed in a great little cabin that RiverDays told us about. It was a great way to break up YSNP and GNP. We spent two days and had a blast eating cheeries and jumping off the rocks into the lake...the lake will amaze you!

4. Re: Flathead Area west of Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park