We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Glacier enough?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Glacier enough?

In August, we will be roadtripping and stopping by in glacier national park.

We are thinking about staying 2 full days in Glacier National Park, and probably lodge in East Glacier Park

I am not sure how to divide the itinerary into two days. One day definitely going to the sun road, but not sure about the other. Should we go to polebridge? Any other recommendations?

We're not avid hikers so prefer drive to places, or short hikes (under 5 miles RT) if possible. Thanks

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Glacier enough?

Two full decades in GNP might be enough to see it all....

But with your two full days, I recommend starting at either the East or the West Entrance, stay the night, explore the area with the many short hikes, the next day drive over GTTS Road and spend the night on the other side. It will be challenging to get a hotel room inside the park at this late date unless you are planning for 2011. Call the hotels directly and hope for a cancellation, or else plan on staying in one of the towns close to Glacier.

I would save Polebridge for another trip.

Enjoy your two days....you will get to see plenty!

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Glacier enough?

Good suggestions from RiverDays. I would try to stay around the Apgar area, Village Inn, Lake McDonald, Apgar Village Motel, then drive the road across the park with stops at Avalanche, Logan Pass and maybe St. Mary/Virginia Falls and then head to the Many Glacier area. Try for Swiftcurrent or Many Glacier Hotel. Also possibly Rising Sun near St. Mary. I think with just two days, East Glacier requires too much driving and is too far removed from the "heart" of the park. As stated, with two days you will barely get a taste of Glacier, but it should be a great two days!!

3. Re: 2 days in Glacier enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 13:00
4. Re: 2 days in Glacier enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park