We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars to Waterton?

PA
Level Contributor
124 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Cars to Waterton?

Do the rental car companies in Kalispell permit customers to take the cars into Canada?

Urbana, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

Not sure about all of them, but I had the same question and called Alamo-- they said it's fine to drive the car into Canada.

Edited: 07 June 2010, 02:10
montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

You need to talk to the individual rental car companies.

Make sure you bring your passports for getting into Canada.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

I almost switched to Dollar for our trip but glad I didn't. From Jackson Hole they don't allow cars in Canada. I will stick to my Hertz reservation as they do allow cars in Canada.

Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

Dollar in Kalispell(well, it has a Columbia Falls address) allows you to go into Canada. Just picked up our car last night and I am in a little B&B in Mountain View, Alberta right now. :)

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

Actually, Dollar said I could only drive in 3 states: Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. I wanted to switch because it would have been an SUV with unlimited mileage. The Hertz reservation is for a full size and I get 2400 miles for 16 days. Hertz was also about $50 cheaper ($500 total).

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

ga84gw, I hope you are enjoying Waterton!

Generally, on any rental agreement your unlimited mileage offer is void if you go outside of their allotted area (which usually includes going out of the country). But that doesn't necessarily mean that you are forbidden to take the vehicle out of the country.

7. Re: Rental Cars to Waterton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 05:16