We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy-day activities in Glacier

New York City
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy-day activities in Glacier

I'm hoping for good weather for my trip, but odds are that it will rain at some point. Any tips for how to spend a rainy day in or near the park? I'll be staying in Many Glacier. Thanks!

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

The public areas at Many Glacier are nice. Tables with views, area to play games, usually a jigsaw puzzle or two to work on and the fireplace area is great for reading. Also a drive in the rain is sometimes a good time to spot wildlife. Some diehard hikers would say "put on your rain gear and go". That is an option, but I hate to admit, I'm pretty much a fair weather hiker!!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

ditto above

Roswell, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

Spend some time browsing the books on Glacier in the gift shop, use a rainy day to travel to East Glacier Hotel and St. Marys or travel to Waterton and browse the shops and have high tea at 3pm at the Prince of Wales Hotel. Or, just sit around the lobby and fireplace and read a good book--suggest you purchase a good one on the Park!

As a former employee of Many G, we spent many rainy days and found that they forced us to relax--something I never get enough of these days! Enjoy! I'm envious!

4. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 13:00
Urbana, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

This activity isn't very near Many Glacier, but you could consider doing some rafting if the weather turns rainy. We did a rafting trip from Glacier Guides just a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. You get all wet no matter what, so the rain doesn't matter too much. It would require some driving from MG, though.

6. Re: Rainy-day activities in Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 05:16