We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White water rafting at Glacier

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
White water rafting at Glacier

Our family is going to Glacier National Park from August 6 through the 15th. We have two sons who are 23 years old and 20 years old. We're flying into Kalispell, and plan to be on the southwest/west side of the park for the five days that our oldest son is with us.We've never been to Glacier before and have never been white water rafting, although all of us are good swimmers;-) Can you recommend a good company to go through in order to make reservations for white water rafting? And about how far in advance should we make the reservations? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White water rafting at Glacier

Glacier Raft Company at www.glacierguides.com is one of the top companies. Montana Raft Company is also excellent (see my previous posts). They will tell you how far in advance they book up. You might want to make your reservations as late as possible so that you can figure in weather predictions and arrange your time accordingly. You can raft in pretty much any weather, but if any clouds are in the forcast, you wouldn't want to do GTTS Rd. in cloudy weather.

Urbana, IL
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White water rafting at Glacier

We went on a trip with Glacier Raft Company a week or two ago and thought they were great. We just called the night before and there was no availability problem at all. Of course, you will be there at a much busier season, so you may need to book earlier.

It was my first time rafting, although my husband has done lots of rafting in the past. He thought it was a little tame; I thought it was quite exciting. :) We both had fun, though. Our guide was excellent.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,281 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White water rafting at Glacier

All tghe companies are great. Key is the weather. Water will be low so I would suggest getting them in "inflatable kyaks" for more action.

4. Re: White water rafting at Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2011, 07:16