We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotsprings

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hotsprings

Can you go in them and where? Only at hotels?

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotsprings

there is one on highway towards St. Regis, MT and the name escapes me and as I am in Africa right now I don't have my resource materials. Also one on the highway between Livinston and yellowstone (chico/chaco?? hot sptings I think) these are commercial and have cabins to stay.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotsprings

"Hotsprings" is the name of the town near St. Regis where there are hotsprings. Great little place, a one-hour drive southwest from Kalispell. Three developed hotsprings pools to chose from within the town, which is like being in a movie set from the 1950's (I kid you not).

Chico Hotsprings are southeast of Kalispell about 2-3 hour drive.

There are lots of other hotsprings in MT, but those two are the closest to Kalispell.

Hi K2Kelly....I am envious of your African trip! We are making "big plans" to escape our hometown and head over to the big city of Spokane this weekend. Hope you are having a marvelous time and soak up some of that African music and dance!

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotsprings

Oops....Chico Hotsprings is farther than 2-3 hours, probably more like 3-4 hours drive. Yes, you can go in these hotsprings. In the town of Hotsprings, the fees are $3 to $5.

Also, just realized that K2Kelly was talking about Quinn's Hotsprings Resort, which is right on the highway near St Regis. There are cabins there, a bar and restaurant. About a half hour away is the town of Hotsprings.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotsprings

Riverdays, thanks for cleaning up my comments, tough to remember details when looking at lions.........................

Sorry I missed you in Spokaloo, hope you had a good time.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotsprings

K2Kelley, we are heading to Spokaloo (never heard that one before) in two days. Will catch the David Gray concert at the INB Sat night. Thinking of Wild Sage for dinner. Is this a good place for healthy but delicious food? And how about Frank's Diner that people rave about? Just how greasy is that spoon?

Everything here is still snow-covered and in the depths of winter. Long range weather predictions say we are in for a colder, snowy than usual March. Maybe think about extending your African stay :>)

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotsprings

came home to this.....................snow and cold, but it is clearing up here now as in the 40's. I was going to go to David Gray, heard his shows are great!! Wild Sage is very good and should work for you. Franks is pretty basic, greasy spoon just like the knights diner on market street.

Another option is Dollys on Indiana at Washington

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotsprings

Will look into that, but might be a little far out of the way.

D

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotsprings

sorry, using your forum spot to reply to riverdays, but come on over...........

9. Re: hotsprings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park