We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Who would you recommend we use for a whitewater rafting trip in the GNP area? We have 4 adults and 2 boys, ages 11 & 8...all adventurous! Want to know who offers the best guides etc. Thanks!

WHITEFISH
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Without a doubt - Glacier WIlderness Guides. They are the only ones I recommend and use. I live in Whitefish - 25 miles from W. Glacier - we use them every year for a company trip and they never disappoint. They have been on the rivers for decades and run a good show. I always tell friends that visit that this company is their only option.

Duluth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

I had a great experience a couple of years ago with Glacier Raft Co. If Kate aka Kokanee Kate is still a guide I'd would request her. Her grandmother lives on the river in West Glacier. Kate had a wealth of information on the area as well as some great stories.

Whitefish, Montana
Level Contributor
913 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Great Northern- best food.

Glacier National...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Spent yesterday 7/1 on a full day float with Glacier Guides. Awesome experience in every way. They provided wet suits and every other thing you could think of. Our guide Dean was remarkable, full of history,geology, local lore. Great lunch provided too.

Stephanie

Montana
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

All the raft companies travel the same stretch of the river so there really isn't a difference between them. We go a couple of times a season and use Glacier Raft Company. Most important when choosing a raft company is experienced guides. This company has the most senior guides on the river. Good luck!

Montana
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

Glacier Guides Hwy 2 in West Glacier without a doubt!

7. Re: Whitewater rafting company recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park