We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Glacier

st louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Glacier

We just returned last night from our 12 day trip to Glacier. I will write a trip report in a few days. Here are a few thoughts.

The hikes seemed longer and steeper than the sign said. LOL.

You can hurt your toes hiking down the hills. I did. I am glad I had my echo sandals that I can hike in. My toe was too sore for my shoes.

Everything is more beautiful than you can imagine. You can see beautiful sights if you hike a little, hike a lot or see things from your car. I thought The Trail of Cedars the Running Eagle falls in Two Medcine and the Fishercap lake were all great short hikes. We did see the moose the first night we went to Fishercap but none the next couple of days.

I decided to take a nightlight at the last minute and used it everynight. The places were dark at night and if you get up it is nice not to trip over things, of course you have to give up valuable outlet space. I brought a small adapter to have more outlets for camera chargers. Of course you don't want to over do it since the buildings are old.

I loved every minute of each day.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 21:30
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Glacier

My toes take a beating on the "down's" too.... Glad you had a good time and will be waiting to read your report!

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Glacier

When I worked at Many Glacier people were always complaining about the lack of light from the parking lot to the hotel. We were supposed to say that the lack of lighting because the NPS wanted to keep the area the same as when it was built and back the they didn't have lights back then. Seemed like a lame excuse to me. I'm pretty sure they did not have gift shops, computers and microwaves back then either.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,330 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Glacier

Look forward to your trip report.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Glacier

Running Eagle Falls gets overlooked by so many and is a spectacular hike (walk)!

5. Re: Trip to Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:17