We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary

Ellicott City, MD
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary

My sister and I will be driving up from Missoula, Mt. We are over 55 and do minimal hiking. We can stay up to 4 days. We love to camp as well.

Suggestions on where to stay, what to see and do are appreciated.

buffalo
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary

Stay 3 nights on the East side preferably in the MG area (MG Hotel or Swiftcurrent Inn) and 1 night on the West side (Village Inn at Apgar or Lake McDonald Lodge)...

You can probably hike the 3 mile round trip to Hidden Lake which is spectacular...also St.Mary/Virginia Falls is a very short hike...check out Sun Point which is just a few steps from the parking lot...hike the flat 3/4's of a mile down Swiftcurrent trail to Fishcap Lake where I see moose in the Lake about 1/2 the time...

Visit the Two medicine area, take a few hours while on the West side to drive up to Polebridge and possibly Bowman Lake...

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary

with regard to camping at Many Glacier. It is a VERY popular camp ground end of June through early September. If you go on the NPS Glacier web site there is a link to the Campgrounds and the history of what time they fill each day. You will see what I mean. On most days during height of tourist season, if you are not there by 7-8 am you will be SOL.

3. Re: Help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:16