We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to gnp

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting to gnp

is there away to fly non stop to gnp or to a city near gnp within a few hours drive??

thanks

Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to gnp

Glacier Park International Airport is the nearest airport to GNP.

this link shows were the direct flights come from into GPI

www.iflyglacier.com/index.php

Thanks for the question I think I will add this link to my web site. Lots more direct flights then there used to be!

Montanan slow hiker

www.glacierhikers.com

Edited: 19 January 2013, 18:59
Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to gnp

You could also try Great Falls MT

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to gnp

Are you asking if there are non stop flights from NY City to Kalispell? If so, the answer is no. You will have to make connecting flights in Salt Lake, Minneapolis, Chicago, or Atlanta. Neither are there direct flights from NY to Great Falls. Try Missoula (2.5 hours) or Spokane(6 hours) I am one of the lucky ones who can fly direct from Minneapolis.

Edited: 25 January 2013, 23:03
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,745 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to gnp

We've flown from the east coast to Spokane and it is only about a 5 hour drive. It is very scenic up by Flathead lake and Polson.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to gnp

Spokane is 4.5 hours plus stops for driving and airport is 5 minutes to the freeway. Other airports closer but likely more expensive.

6. Re: getting to gnp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 05:15