We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels close to Kalispell airport

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Topic
hotels close to Kalispell airport

Hi,

The last night of my trip back from Glacier I want to spend in Kalispell, close to the airport (it is a 7am flight so I do not want to drive all the way from Many Glacier Hotel super early to catch the plane). Any recommendations ? I've checked some hotels in expedia but I want to get some feedback from this board.

Thanks !

buffalo
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

When I have an early flight, I still prefer to enjoy my last night in the Park but generally stay at Village Inn at Apgar (which is right on Lake McDonald and every room has a view across the Lake to the mountains).

It is a 25-30 minute drive from Village Inn to the airport (to me losing 20 minutes of sleep is well worth staying in the Park over staying at a hotel 5 minutes from the airport)....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

oh, I did not think of that ... how about the Lake McDonald Lodge ? I think the Villa Inn is booked for my dates.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

lake McD lodge another 8 minutes further than Apgar.

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

Grand Hotel in downtown Kalispell is a great place. Very homey and a nice wrap-up to your trip after being in park accommodations.

http://kalispellgrand.com/

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

The Red Lion - also downtown Kalispell is a nice hotel. If there are only two of you - ask for one of their newer king rooms. - they are very nicely kept up.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

A 7 a.m. flight means you need no less than a one-hour advance check-in, because several flights leave around that same time and the line through security can be painfully slow, and the plane will leave without you.

Ditto to the two Kalispell hotel suggestions above....the Red Lion is where the airline crews stay, so you could ride in on the hotel shuttle with the crew if you've returned your rental car the night before. Both hotels are downtown and there are several good restaurants within a few blocks. It's still a 10-15 minute drive from downtown to FCA, and there are no really close hotels to FCA.

7. Re: hotels close to Kalispell airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 04:16