We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Spray

Madison, Indiana
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bear Spray

Can bear spray be in checked baggage if I fly. A friend of mine just came from yellowstone and flew home and brought her bear spray back in her checked baggage. From what I have read on this forum airlines wont let you have it in baggage. Does anyone know for sure. thanks.

buffalo
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear Spray

Not allowed in checked baggage....unless it has changed very recently....

Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear Spray

Can't even be shipped other than via Ground.... Legally that is.

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear Spray

I flew with it in our checked baggage once not knowing the rule. When I got to Whitefish, my brother asked me where I got my bear spray and when I told him I got it at REI at home he started laughing and told me it was illegal to fly with it. We were lucky our luggage was not checked.

4. Re: Bear Spray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:19