We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in July

Boyne City
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in July

What is the weather typically like in mid July in glacier? We are camping in a pop-up camper. Wondering what type of clothes to bring?

Level Contributor
1,628 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in July

Mid-July is when most trails start to become accessible (though some may still be closed for snow)...for instance, two of the most popular hikes (Grinnell Glacier and Highline) are currently not open and won't be for at least another week...if you are planning on hiking, I wouldn't make plans before the 20th of July...

Weather can be literally anything...highs between 55 and 85...lows between 30 and 50...there can be a snowfall any month of the year...

Bring lots of layers and good rain/wind gear...I'm packing now for my 7/19 arrival in two weeks and I'm packing wool hat, gloves, jacket, rain gear (top & bottom), fleeces, long underwear, lots of t-shirts and shorts, hiking boots (2 pair), wool hiking socks...hard to pack light on a trip to Glacier, no matter what time of year...

Edited: 07 July 2013, 19:32
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
332 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in July

We went in mid-July a several years ago, and I have to say, the weather varied. Up at Logan's Pass, we needed hoodies, and if I had a hat and light mittens, I would have gladly worn them. We got there early in the morning. However, we were fine in t-shirts and shorts/capri pants when we did the Grinnell Glacier hike and in West Glacier, where our vacation rental was. I would definitely bring some warm clothes for the evenings.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in July

We went in July once, and while the weather was mostly beautiful, we had a snow squall one morning up in the park. Also, we watched me person do some snow skiing.

4. Re: Weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 06:18