We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three fatal accidents in GNP-please be careful!

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Three fatal accidents in GNP-please be careful!

Another body was found in GNP yesterday-that of a 24 tear old man from Kalispell. That makes three for the season so far. All preventable. I'm sure none of these men entered the park thinking they might die. how tragic. Please please be careful in all your outdoor adventures!

Mentioned in this post
Kalispell
Kalispell
Montana
Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three fatal accidents in GNP-please be careful!

I spoke to soon. After reading the NPS post again, they are not sure how the young man died.

Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three fatal accidents in GNP-please be careful!

Link to Daily Interlake article dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/articl…

There were two rangers waiting for investigation crew at 6:00 am yesterday morning when I was headed to Logan Pass and about 30 between the Loop and the Heli 'pad' near Logan Creek when I hiked to the Loop at 4 pm. This incident is still under investigation but care needs to be taken, as GNP4me correctly points out, when hiking, biking et al in GNP.

montana slow hiker

Mentioned in this post
Logan Pass
Logan Pass
1,013 Reviews
Glacier National Park, MT
3. Re: Three fatal accidents in GNP-please be careful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18