We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

My husband and I leave for GNP this Thursday. Our first day in the park will be Saturday and we're planning to stick around the Two Medicine Area. We love hiking, don't want to kill ourselves on day 1 but we also don't want to miss a great hike. What would you say is the best trail in the area to do? I'd say no more than 10 miles unless its a pretty easy hike (not a ton of elevation gain).

Thanks!

Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

Scenic Point in Two Medicine is my favorite for that area and one of my favorites for all of Glacier Park.

www.glacierhikers.com/scenic-point.html

For super easy Twin Falls and Upper Two Medicine Lake by way of Glacier Boat on a Ranger Led Hike.

montana slow hiker

www.glacierhikers.com/day-hikes-two-med.html

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

the hike to Rockwell Falls on the east side of Two Med is nice too if tou don't want to take a boat ride. The hike to Twin Falls and Upper Two Med lake is probably my favorite easiest hike in the park. You will see a few hikers at most.

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

I prefer the dawson pass. Take the boat to shrten the hike, it is up and back passing no name lake and results in wonderful views of the valley below and mountain vistas

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
611 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

You can't go wrong with either Scenic Point or Dawson Pass, but I'd have to say Dawson Pass (aka Awesome Pass) is my favorite between the two. Definitely take the boat ride across Two Medicine Lake to shorten the hike.

Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

These are great tips! We are going in late July 2014, staying in East Glacier. Any other suggestions on hikes or must do's in the area. We've been to Many Glacier area twice and have done the GTS road.

Thanks for any updates. Can't wait, just love GNP!

Do you see much wildlife here in this area?

Whitefish, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

Lots of moose, big horn sheep and bears in Two Medicine area.

Most of my moose pics on this page are from the Rockwell Falls Trail

www.glacierhikers.com/wildlife.html

Rockwell Falls Trail is an easy hike through the woods.

In season it is also a great wildflower trail.

www.glacierhikers.com/rockwell-falls.html

GNP has ranger led hikes to Cobalt Lake as well as Upper Two Medicine Lake.

Two Medicine Pass is above Cobalt Lake with views into untamed land.

www.glacierhikers.com/two-medicine-pass.html

Note: Cobalt Lake on the east coast would be called Cobalt Pond, Walden Pond is three or four times the size of Cobalt Lake. Cobalt Lake is much nicer as there is a major highway going past Walden Pond.

Two Medicine Campground has some of the nicest views in GNP.

The boat ride is also another option for wildlife viewing. I have seen moose swimming in Two Medicine Lake as well as lots of bears just above North Shore Trail.

I hiked North Shore Trail last year early in the season, there was still 10 feet of snow at Upper Two Medicine Campground, and the trail had bear scat from one end of the trail to the other.

montana slow hiker

Arizona
Level Contributor
27 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

Great information MT Slow Hiker! Thanks so much, I am going to take note of all that you said.

8. Re: Best Hike in Two Medicine Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Glacier National Park