We are getting so excited for our first trip to GNP next weekend. We are both pretty active, decent condition, love to hike and take photo's. My BF thinks I am crazy to always have an itinerary for vacations, but I want to make the most out of every trip we take (probably why I always return from vacation, exhausted!). Here is our tentative trip plan -
Fri, Sep 6 – Arrive FCA at 11:30 p.m. – Staying overnight at hotel in Kalispell
1. Sat, Sep 7 – Drive to GNP, stopping at Super One in Columbia Falls for non-perishable food supplies, water, beer & wine; Glacier Guides on Rte 2 for 2 cans of bear spray. Staying 2 nights at Apgar Village Inn – check in motel, stop at visitor center for park information and conditions. Take a leisurely drive along GTSR and hike Trail of the Cedars/Avalanche Lake.
- Dining options In Apgar – Belton Chalet, Eddie’s, Glacier Highlands, Jammer Joe’s
3. Mon, Sep 9 – Early check out and head to MGH for 5 nights. Hike Hidden Lake Overlook and St. Mary’s/Virginia Falls.
4. Tue, Sep 10 – Boat/Hike Grinnell Glacier
5. Wed, Sep 11 – Hike Scenic Point Trail
6. Thurs, Sep 12 – Hike Iceberg Lake
7. Fri, Sep 13 - Sunrift Gorge to Siyeh Pass and back
8. Sat , Sep 14 – Fly home
i. Dining options – Park Café, Johnson’s, Two Sisters, Cattle Baron, Serrano’s
Other To Do’s:
1. Photo at Wild Goose Island overlook
2. Evening stroll to Fishercap Lake to look for moose
Do any of the restaurants serve beer/wine? Any other tips on great photo opportunities?
Thanks! I greatly appreciate all of the great advice so far!