We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

Headed to Glacier in Sept 2014, there is availablity at both, is one "better" than the other? I know that is really subjective.

buffalo
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

I always opt for Village Inn..not as impressive or historic a structure...but the views from every single room at Village Inn are amazing plus it is just a few steps to the beach...rooms are about the same...plus you have the nice walk-able Apgar Village nearby...

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

Agree, all rooms at Village Inn are lakefront, not so at Lake McDonald Lodge.

Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

Yes, village Inn, and if you can snag an upper level room, you avoid the squeaky floors.....

KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

Thanks to all, that is what I thought. Can't wait!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

Village Inn views are incredible. Grab a chair in the evening on the beach put your toes in the cold water, and have a glass of wine! LOVE that place!

Be sure to visit Lake McDonald Lodge, the lobby area is beautiful. Just prefer to stay at Village Inn for the views I will never forget walking to the back and my jaw dropping literally!

Edited: 17 October 2013, 18:01
KCK
Level Contributor
864 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

mzambo, thanks! Love your plan ;)

7. Re: Village Inn or Lake McDonald?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:17