We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in lodging

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Topic
Food in lodging

I will be visiting Glacier at the end of August, beginning of September. I was thinking of going shopping before entering the park, and buying food to use for making pack lunches, and for some breakfasts. We will be staying at the Rising Sun Motor Inn first, and then in a cabin at Swiftcurrent Motor Inn. Is it OK to have food inside the lodging? I don't want to have bears break in. Similarly, would it be OK to have this food inside my rental car while hiking the first day or would this be unwise in light of the bear issues?

Thanks for your help.

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in lodging

We always buy a cooler and stock sandwich items. It is fine in the rooms and your car for day hiking.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food in lodging

Yup all is good in room or the car, heck we even carry food in our day packs while out hiking.

Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food in lodging

If your coming from Kalispel, stop in Columbia falls for groceries at the Super 1... It's on the right, just past the cemetery.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Food in lodging

Thanks, everyone! This is very helpful.

5. Re: Food in lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:16