We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

I am flying into Bozeman and spending a week in Glacier and a week in YS in July. I am starting with Glacier NP due to hotel reservations. I can begin in either East or West Glacier, but think I would rather end in West Glacier due to preferring those reservations at the end of the week, but can do that first and East Glacier last if need be. Most reservations are in the Many Glacier area.

I need to return from Glacier and enter the park in West Yellowstone to begin my YS adventure. What is the best routes to take to and from and what is the approximate times they would take? Is there a particular reason to prefer one route over another? Thanks for your help.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

Any suggestions? If one way is better than another I can adjust my route and go to and from on that same route.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
416 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

If you leave West Glacier- my only experience (albeit, in reverse) was to drive along the Flathead River - we chose to drive up (in your case down) Rt. 93 through Missoula (great little town to stop in for lunch or a carousel ride if you have kids). I heard great things about choosing to drive Rt 83 (and we actually stayed the night towards the GNP entrance at a lodge on 83 for one night), but didn't drive that route. We drove up 93 to GNP, then ultimately back down on the east side. I wouldn't change your trip to drive on the other side. It's pretty, but I don't really recall thinking "OMG this is amazing" when I was driving- so I'd just figure out whether you want to head down 83 or 93.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

Thanks.

4. Re: Best routes from Yellowstone to Glacier and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16