We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pie-East Glacier

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Pie-East Glacier

Great discovery for me! The lady who used to run /make pies for the Park Café in St Mary's had just started making some cream pies for the Rock and Roll Bakery in East Glacier on Dawson St. It is just down the street from Seranno's. This was July 10th.

When we were having ice cream after dinner the guy at the store/ice cream shop and I were talking and he mentioned that the person who used to run the pie shop was just going to start making some pies for the bakery. He mentioned that they had bought some of the contents from the store they ran in St. Mary's and those items were in this store along the main street.

I walked down and asked about getting one and she was there. The pies would be ready the next morning. I think it was the first day. She made chocolate cream and banana cream. They were seeing how it would go. The next morning I got up and got a mini choc. pie. That is how they sell them. It was in a glass dish but I asked for them to put it in a to go container. That worked. I kept it in a cooler and I got a few slices from it.

Delicious!! It was one of my favorite pies from the year before when they ran the St. Mary's shop and I had been looking forward to it. They don't sell that kind this year, or for that matter, very many kinds at all at the Park Café now. I could not believe my luck!!! I hope she starts making lots of them and they sell them by the slice. Check it out if you like pie.

Seattle
Level Contributor
295 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pie-East Glacier

Great!! We'll check it out when in East Glacier this year!!! Thanks for the tip!!! :)

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pie-East Glacier

Thanks prac 1. I will need to stop there in about three weeks!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pie-East Glacier

Stopped at Rock n Roll Bakery Saturday morning. Had a piece of huckleberry pie (very good) and got a mocha cookie to go (also very good). They also carry camping supplies and equipment.

34 Dawson Ave

East Glacier Park

406 226 5553

Seeglacier.com

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pie-East Glacier

Did you notice if they still had the choc. cream pie and/or the banana cream pie that the lady that used to run the Park Café made? I was wondering if that arrangement was working out for her at this new place? She wasn't one of the clerks, but had started making those pies for them. They had their own Huckleberry Pie. Glad you enjoyed what you had!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
420 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pie-East Glacier

I know there were a couple of pies but sorry, I don't remember the flavors.

6. Re: Pie-East Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:16