We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

we'll be arriving at thunderbird lodge by 4.30 pm on friday (march 16th)

Where should we go to view the sunset or is there a viewing point near thundebird lodge ? If not would the shuttles take us to it ? What time would the sunset ?

I would like to make the best of the evening. So please give me some good suggestions including dinner

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

Local experts for GC will answer your questions but I can give you sunsettime: March 16 2007 at 6.36 pm.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,088 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

Almost any place along the rim is good for sunset or sunrise. Just plant yourself and relax and watch how the sunlight changes the canyon from moment to moment. It's magical.

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

I belive my lodge is on the rim. So can I just hand around there and get a good view ?

Also what time is the sunrise ?

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

A lot of people go to Hopi Point, which is west of GC Village. You actually have to transfer to a different shuttle along the way. You probably should get to your viewing point an hour before sunset so you can experience the changing shadows and colors as the sun sinks.

5. Re: sunset time, best place to view ? help with planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Canyon National...