We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I hike in then MULE or RAFT out?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
747 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Can I hike in then MULE or RAFT out?

I like the idea of hiking down into the canyon and spending the night at the Phantom Lodge, but I'm not wild about the idea of hiking back out! Are 1-way mule or rafting trips available, just from the bottom back out of the canyon?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,110 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I hike in then MULE or RAFT out?

There is a trip offered by Canyoneers and maybe others as well where you hike down to Phantom Ranch from the South Rim and then get on a raft for 4 days and go out to Lake Mead. You are picked up there and transfered back to the point of origin.

It's a great trip and I recomend it. Reservations must be made well in advance though. Google Grand Canyon Raft Trips and look at the various companies and itineraries that come up. Then contact the comapnies ASAP. You can probably still book a trip for this summer if you can be flexible with your dates. GC river raft season is from May thru Sept.

Grand Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I hike in then MULE or RAFT out?

At the south rim, both the day mule trip to plateau point and back, and the overnight mule trip to phantom ranch and back are round trip. You have to ride the mule both ways.

3. Re: Can I hike in then MULE or RAFT out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 14:17