We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 3 nights too long?

Martinsburg...
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Is 3 nights too long?

I currently have reservations at Maswik Lodge for 3 nights, Nov 1-4. We (group of 7, 3 adults, 4 kids 8-15) will be coming from Phoenix. We can depart Phoenix early on Nov 1. I had originally planned to spend the day traveling to the Grand Canyon with a stop or 2 in the Sedona area. We would then have 2 full days at the Grand Canyon and could spend the whole day on the 4th traveling back to Phoenix for a flight home the next day. Most of the comments I’ve read suggest we only need 1 or 2 nights at the Grand Canyon. Should I switch my plans to a night in either Sedona or Page and 2 nights at the Grand Canyon. Or does my current plan make more sense? If we follow my original plan of stopping places on the way to and from the Grand Canyon, where should I consider stopping? Quite honestly, most of our trips are jam packed full of activities and I am trying to plan a more laid back trip this time. We enjoy hiking and the kids love being outdoors and seeing new sites, but can only handle a limited number of scenic view points. I wish we could add more time for touring Sedona, but my older ones can’t miss more school. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

2 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,110 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: Is 3 nights too long?

1-2 nights at Grand Canyon National Park will be plenty. Give the other night(s) to Sedona. More sights, options and relaxation.

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Is 3 nights too long?

I would agree on that. Also if you are going in November the canyon will be cold. And with the extra night in Sedona you can do a short trip to Jerome or Flagstaff.

Reply to: Is 3 nights too long?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted