We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No airconditioning cabin in August ??

Level Contributor
54 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
No airconditioning cabin in August ??

I have booked the Becky O'neil cabin for mid August. It only has a fan, no air. If it is only mid 80's at the rim, like they told me, I am ok with that. But if it is 90's - may need the air.

Opinions from some experts needed.

Thank you!

Long Beach
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No airconditioning cabin in August ??

I've never been at the Bucky ONeil Cabin, but I have been at the Bright Angel Cabins, the ones right next to that one, in July and August. Each room had a ceiling fan, and that was enough for us. It usually gets (VERY) hotter only if you start descending into the canyon itself.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No airconditioning cabin in August ??

I agree. Most places in northern AZ have no air conditioning and it's fine. It is warm during the day (80's) but in the 50-60's at night. That's also our rainy season when we get PM storms that cool things off nicely.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No airconditioning cabin in August ??

I stayed at Bright Angel cabins too. Check in time was 4:00 and it was warm then. Open the windows and turn on the fan. By nightfall it was cool and then it was cold in the evening so we had to close the windows. We spent so little time in the cabin because we were out touring, that the lack of airconditioning in the warm afternoon was no concern at all.

Grand Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: No airconditioning cabin in August ??

Whether or not you believe in global warming, it has definitely gotten hotter over the last 5 years than when I first arrived at the canyon. I would say mid to upper 80's and maybe even some low 90's, with lows more like in the 70's overnight. We're in a multi-year drought, so you can't count on having a monsoon season like we used to either.

But the Bucky O'Neill suite does have quite a few windows and with the fan you should be able to get good circulation. if you go to the website www.grandcanyonlodges.com and click on "gallery", then go to the Bright Angel Lodge and Cabins gallery, the last 4 pictures are the living room and bedroom of the Bucky Suite.

5. Re: No airconditioning cabin in August ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 21:18