We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation to GC

montana
Level Contributor
200 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Family vacation to GC

I am considering taking our 3 kids, ages 5, 9 and 10 to the Grand Canyon for spring break in March after Easter. We live in Montana and can fly for under 200 a person to Las Vegas or to Phoenix. Driving the whole way is an option to. I was wondering what you suggest. I don't know how far things are, and we are on a budget so cost does count.

California
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation to GC

It's about a 4.5 hour drive from either Vegas or Phoenix to the south rim. You could fly to whichever is cheaper (check car rental prices too; some say they are higher from Phoenix).

It is best to stay inside the national park. You can reserve at www.grandcanyonlodges.com

I checked and there are rooms available at Yavapai Lodge, one of the newer lodges a bit back from the very edge of the canyon, for all the weeknights following Easter (beginning March 24). A room with 2 queen beds and a rollaway (assuming 2 children can share a queen bed) is $146.

Will that fit your budget?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation to GC

Depending on where you come from in Mt it will be at least 2 very long days of driving to GC but with 5 people it will be a lot cheaper without the flights and hiring a car.

Tet

3. Re: Family vacation to GC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 04:17