We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

I'm hoping you are able to give me a few suggestions at where my partner and I (both aged 21) can stop and look at on the way to the Canyon from Vegas. I have listed the following information to help you:

Hiring a car at 10am and driving from Vegas to Canyon on the 20/03/08.

Will spend the day at the park on the 21st

Will drive back to Vegas to drop the car off at 5pm.

Anything that you think might interest us would be great.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,991 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

There is nothing along the way that can compare to what awaits you at the Grand Canyon with the exception of the Hoover Dam. That will be about an hour out of LV and you'll be driving right over it. Stop to take a look at one of the most amazing structures that man has ever created. Then get back in the car and go as quickly as you can to see the Grand Canyon, which of course is one of the greatest things that God ever created.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

As mentioned not much unless you take a little longer time and do the Rt 66 drive. You can stop in my little town of WIlliams for some good eats and all the rt 66 stuff you can carry. You basically have to drive by it anyways to get to the GC. If you do that exit off the 1st exit for williams, then drive through the town (one way streets) then you just keep on that main road in williams, go under the freeway and you are on highway 64 which takes you to the GC.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

At Hoover Dam, park your car at the Arizona side. It's free. On your way to GCNP maybe take a short detour to Seligman for some funny old R66 stuff, or drive R66 from Kingman and stop at Hackberry and maybe visit Grand Canyon caverns near Peach Springs.

But that all will take time of course. Definitely take the short side trip to Williams though and have a drink and some food along R66.

Tet

4. Re: 2 day trip from Las Vegas to GCNP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 11:20