We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPS Address to the Canyon

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
675 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
GPS Address to the Canyon

Will be using our new, trusty GPS system this trip (and will NEVER travel without one again after two trips with borrowed ones last year).

But I'm not sure what to input as the address. We will be staying at the Thunderbird Lodge.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GPS Address to the Canyon

Perhapse put an address for Tusayan which is nearby the GC S rim entrance. Also since you have a GPS system I use mine to go Geocaching. www.geocaching.com

Its a lot of fun and there are several in the area that are easier than others. Perhapse call the lodge they might know what you could enter.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GPS Address to the Canyon

Google Earth is terrific for picking coordinates and also addresses, at least street names

http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

If I've got the details right from maps etc, Thunderbird is in the middle of the row of lodgings, so its coordinates would be

N 36.0568

W 112.1393

corresponding to

N 36° 3.41'

W 112° 8.36'

which you could enter as a waypoint.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GPS Address to the Canyon

Park your car first-lol- Check in for Thunderbird is at the Bright Angel lodge. There's only one road again to GC Village........

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GPS Address to the Canyon

HI,

Do you do any geocaching? There are quite a few cache's around Grand Canyon. Just go into geocaching.com and put in the zip for GC (86023) and it brings them up. We just got into this so still learning the "ins and outs" of it!! Way to much fun though!

SJG

5. Re: GPS Address to the Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 01:18