We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gratuities for guides

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
gratuities for guides

what is the standard tip for the river guides on a 6-7 day trip?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gratuities for guides

The paperwork that they give you with the trip say 5% of the trip cost. A 6-7 day trip generally runs about $2,000, so it would be $100. per person. I don't know what the companies pay the river guides, but I do know they work VERY hard. It is a physically demanding job and then they try their best to accomodate your needs. They earn the tip!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gratuities for guides

We sent our gratuity checks directly to the crew. They gave us their personal addresses at the end of the trip. We sent $150 each for the crew members. You should be prepared to give them cash at the end of the trip, but if they give you the option, you can send checks.

Send me a PM if you want more specific info.

3. Re: gratuities for guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:18