We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Tovar suite

Newport News, Va
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
El Tovar suite

My wife amd I will be checking into the El Tovar next weel for a 3 day stay that we booled a year ago. Should I be concerned about which suite I am in? If so, is there a way to make requests?

We appreciate any advice you have.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,627 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 45-Minute Helicopter...
531 Reviews
from US$276.99*
US$299.00
Grand Canyon and Sedona Deluxe...
629 Reviews
from US$179.29*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,594 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Tovar suite

If you're fortunate enough to have a suite, that is plenty. There's only one that has any significant views of the canyon. Don't worry about the views from your suite. It's all about the convenience of being in the best hotel on the rim with the GC right outside the door.

I stayed there over the weekend, and although we didn't have canyon views from our room, it was a gas to look outside and be face to face with a pair of elk that were grazing on the lawn!

indiana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Tovar suite

There are actually four suites with views and balconies. One is held every day and if no one checks in by 4 or 5 they release it, so if you are not in a view suite ask for this. We have stayed in all the view suites, two on second floor and two on third. Each floor has one with king bed and one with two queens. The second floor ones share a balcony and the third floor ones have private balconies. The one reason I think they are worth it is you can order room service and eat on your balcony and also experience sunrise and sunset in privacy. They have suites that are not view suites and I assume they offer a bedroom and sitting room.

Newport News, Va
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Tovar suite

Thanks for the replies. I know we won't go wrong. We are celebrating 35 years of marriage and she deserves the best they have.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,594 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Tovar suite

Just being at El Tovar is the best at the GCNP. Understand that it's not a 5 star resort, but an historic old lodge at one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Congrats on 35. MrsRedPony and I will hit 30 this Wednesday.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Tovar suite

Happy Anniversary

- please post a trip report upon your return - We are heading out in August to celebrate our 25th.

6. Re: El Tovar suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:28