We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South rim photos

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
South rim photos

We took one of my dad's friends to the GC s rim this past Sunday and it was very nice. Not as busy as I expected it to be. Took a picnic lunch and ate at grand view point. Very nice. It rained so it wasn't as hot as it could have been and smelled very nice. The only bad thing is that smoke from the California fires and local small fires made it very smokey.

We did the loop from Williams to Cameron to Flagstaff and back left about 9 am got home at 7:30pm. I hate to say it but was very dissapointed in the jewelry that the Cameron trading post had. I found it kind of low quality tourist stuff (no offence to anyone). Though the prices weren't bad. They had a good selection of old pawn though which is very popular right now.

It was a nice day trip to get away from the normal weekend house cleaning. I've enclosed my photos for you all to enjoy.

Oh and if you are from the local area the shops at the GC s rim will give you a 10 % discount.

www.pbase.com/dragonflylady/grand_canyon_

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the...
496 reviews
from US$276.99*
US$299.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
washington, missouri
Level Contributor
319 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South rim photos

Nice pix Dragonflylady, I can't wait for the real thing in a little over 60 days now. Hope to see you at the Grand Canyon Lodge cookout.

Regards.

New Boston, New...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South rim photos

Thanks for sharing your breath taking photos - 3 1/2 more weeks - can't wait to go!

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,666 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South rim photos

Your pictures are great, thanks for taking the time to show us!!

Eight weeks, two days to go!!

If that's you in the pictures, we could be sisters!! DH was stunned!

SJG

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South rim photos

Your photos are so great! Thanks for sharing them with all of us.

Well, I have a longer than wait than the others that have posted. I've got 9 months, but time seems to pass quickly at my age. Going to be 57 y.o. in a few days. I was 16 y.o. the last and only time that I was at the GCNP.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South rim photos

DHL is a great photographer as she has showed many times. Yes,you could consider Cameron Trading post a tourist trap in a matter of speaking but sometimes little gems come up as we experienced (actually DW said that, I'm not into shopping there at all).

Tet

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: South rim photos

152 days and counting down.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Giddyup

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,221 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South rim photos

I like the monochrome photos - will have to try that with some of mine - never thought about doing that with GC photos!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,473 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: South rim photos

Thanks for the photos! I'm starting to actually think we will get there in 2 weeks!

I love the sepia tone and b&w photo techniques. I'll have to try that on some of my photos!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: South rim photos

Spectacular photos Dragonflylady.

I had decided not to go back to the GC as had been there in 1991. Your photos have made me re-evaluate our itinerary.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: South rim photos

Nice pictures, lady! Like the way they are presented.