We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours originating from Las Vegas

Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tours originating from Las Vegas

I am looking for recommendations on a tour to the GCNP that originates in Las Vegas. I have looked at Scenic Airlines and Papillion. Both have a tour that begins in Las Vegas on a fixed-wing aircraft with views of the Hoover Dam and then onto a bus tour at the GCNP South Rim. Are there any companies that are more highly recommended than others?? Thanks for any recommendations you can provide!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours originating from Las Vegas

Those are both good companies, though Papillon may use Scenic for the air trip. There is also Grand Canyon Airlines. Almost any other choice you will see is someone reselling trips by one of those 3 providers.

Do you only have one day to do this? The typical tour will have 3 stops in the park at view points, and spend only about 3 hours in the park. All 3 providers offer overnight stays.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours originating from Las Vegas

Just be careful that you don't get a company that goes to the West rim. Which is where most out of LV go.

Florida
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours originating from Las Vegas

Thanks so much for the info! Unfortunately I only have 1 day, but I hope to be back sometime soon to really have time to explore!

I am a little nervous about flying in such a small plane, but I really would like to see the Grand Canyon.....so I will find some way to walk up those steps and take a seat!

4. Re: Tours originating from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:19