We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon guide- what to print

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
348 posts
424 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon guide- what to print

We will be at the Grand Canyon south rim next week, entering via the east entrance. I'm gathering info to take on the trip and I see that the nps web site has a 22 page summer guide. I hate to print all of that if they are going to hand us one when we enter the park. Does anyone know if they do?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,197 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon guide- what to print

It might be 22 pages on your printer. I don't think it's quite that much at the gate. But the info you'll be given at the gate is complete and adequate. Unless you are like me and love to carry around a lot of excess paper, don't worry about printing any of it before you leave home.

And for anything that you don't get an answer to at the gate, you can get info at any of the hotel desks or information centers at various locations inside the park. Finally, you can ask any ranger that you see. The rangers along the rim and throughout the park are ready and willing to chat with anyone who walks up to them. I spent almost 20 minutes chatting with a ranger at Lipan Point in May when I last visited the park. We talked about fire management and GC affairs. He was delightful.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,005 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon guide- what to print

That sounds like the newspaper they give you at the gate.Full of info. Don't bother printing it. It's about 8-10 pages in newspaper format.

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
348 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon guide- what to print

That's what I figured. Thanks!

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon guide- what to print

It is exactly what they hand you an the entrance. I had it all printed in advance and three weeks ago when we arrived they handed it to us.

Maybe print a few pages to read on your trip out, but they newspaper is much easier to read and includes some maps that don't seem to print on the .pdf

Enjoy

5. Re: Grand Canyon guide- what to print

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 22:16