We only have one day due to a business trip in Vegas the first week of June. From everything I've read on this very helpful forum, we will be driving and not taking the helicoptor tour. My questions are:
1. What to expect on the 5 hour drive as far as scenery?
2. Do we need to go to the National Park? Is that the only way to see the canyon?
3. We are not really into hiking but don't mind a good walk. Are there lookout places to drive to? What are the recomened viewing places?
4. Since we won't leave Vegas until 8 or 9 a.m., what can we expect for traffic and crowds once we arrive at the canyon?
5. How bad is the heat? We live in S. Florida, but the hottest I've ever been is Vegas in August.
Thank you for any information.