We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Advice

Level Contributor
139 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Advice

Hi, I am planning on doing a day tour from LV in September, I have limited mobility so are really wantingto know what tour company may offer the best overall view without having to do a hike etc... also i have heard many mixed reviews on the skywalk - any thoughts?

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,590 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 45-Minute Helicopter...
514 Reviews
from US$276.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
393 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
580 Reviews
from US$369.99*
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
62,383 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Advice

Just be sure that your tour goes to the GCNP at the South Rim. If it says west or Skywalk, stay far away.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Advice

Scenic Airlines can get you to GCNP South Rim by bus or by fixed wing aircraft. There's no hiking involved. www.scenic.com

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
5,091 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Advice

The good news is the majority of Las Vegas Grand Canyon tours don't involve "hiking," but do involve some simple walks. Now when you say you have limited mobility, do you have a wheelchair? If so, 1. I would strongly recommend you choose a tour to the South Rim over Grand Canyon West because it is more developed and has more paved walkways. 2. It is best if your chair is the manual collapsible variety (easier to load on busses or airplanes). 3. Whether you choose a plane or bus tour (you can book both with Scenic Airlines and also Papillon Airways), I would suggest booking by phone well in advance so the tour company is advised of your situation, especially if you need a bus with a lift. Or if you book online, follow up with a phone call.

Another consideration, especially if your condition affects your energy level, is how long of a day can you endure? The bus tour to the South Rim, for example, is about 15 hours long from hotel to hotel. An air tour would be somewhat shorter. The most popular Las Vegas South Rim tour is called the Canyon Connoisseur and is 8.5-9 hours from hotel to hotel.

Hope that helps. For more information on these and other tours from Las Vegas, visit www.scenic.com or www.papillon.com

4. Re: Tour Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 06:20
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question