We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice:Trailer Village vs. Mather vs. Desert View??

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
430 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Advice:Trailer Village vs. Mather vs. Desert View??

We are planning a mid to late September 2010 trip to the Grand Canyon. We will be flying out and renting an RV.

I would really appreciate opinions on the three options within the park.

I understand that Trailer Village is the only one with hookups, but we have an RV at home and are not opposed to camping dry if the other campgrounds feel more like being outdoors. I kind of hate the idea of being in a KOA-like parking lot at the Grand Canyon.

If, however, the other options aren't "better" as far as ambiance, then I'll take the electric, water, and sewer!

All input is greatly appreciated!!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,950 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice:Trailer Village vs. Mather vs. Desert View??

Mather CG is a very nice campground, with trees, and decent campsites. RV's must be less than 30'. Desert View also is nice but does not take reservations. It also has 30' limit. If you can fit your rental rv into Mather, then I would do that.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice:Trailer Village vs. Mather vs. Desert View??

Desert View is my favorite of the three. It is smaller, more remote and closer to the rim than the others.

3. Re: Advice:Trailer Village vs. Mather vs. Desert View??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2010, 06:16