We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Rim-1 night or 2?

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
North Rim-1 night or 2?

Is 2 nights at North Rim worth the stay? We will have come from 3 nights at Zion. I know this is totally subjective..would love your perspective . We will be doing moderate hikes..just don't know what to expect.

Thanks

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

If I could stay 2 months it would be worth it. Imperial Point, and Cape Royal are the 2 main overlooks at the rim. It's 1000' higher than the south rim as well so you can see all the way to the Flagstaff mountains. Hike a little way down the Kaibab trail for more views. Or rent a mule and go "All the way!"

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,373 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Do you already have your reservations for lodging inside the park? If not you need to call ASAP to see if they have anything for your dates 877-386-4383. Expect rustic accommodations, but clean!!

The North Rim is much more remote then the South Rim but every bit as beautiful! There are plenty of easy to moderate hikes to do along with visiting the points mentioned by above poster!

If you would like to eat dinner in the lodge dinning room you need to make a reservation for that. It's open for breakfast and lunch.

You can go into these sites for more info on the park and the trails. www.nps.gov/grca and www.hitthetrail.com

Enjoy

SJG

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Thank you..I just booked a cabin for 2 nights

:)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Yay! I was going to vote for two nights too - I think you will love it.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Two nights at North Rim will give you a full day to explore and relax without having to get on to the next destination. There's plenty to do and see, including putting the feet up on the patio of the lodge at sunset. Good move in getting two nights there.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Thanks! I can't wait :) Definately the right move!!

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

You will enjoy North Rim even more due to the heat at Zion!

And, the drive from Jacob Lake, across the meadows is simply beautiful. Earlier this summer the bison were just inside the entrance all along the meadow. Quite a site!

You need to stop at Jacob Lake and pick up some of their homemade cookies! They are delicious!

Have a grand time!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Hi pozj, I am not sure what month you are going but it is cooler at the North Rim and it would be a welcome respite from the heat if you are going in summer. I know you like to hike so two days will give you time to hike.

We stayed one night, which was what fit in or itinerary and we did not really hike so that was fine. The cabins are rustic. There are some that have a view, I can't recall which ones, but the lady at the desk had told me, so maybe if you call the lodge directly they could tell you which ones if you are interested.

The view from the dining room is gorgeous, especially if you get close to the window. The food was good too, but that can always change with new chefs, perhaps excellent now. They post the menu online. Enjoy your stay.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

kmesaaz , is there a particular place in jacobs Lake to get the cookies? We love photography so i am sure there will be plenty of opportunity for us!

Hi prac1, good to see you here. I did see that the cabins are rustic, but I expect rustic in the national parks. Adds to the charm.

I am really excited. This is a big trip..17 nights! I have all my reservations booked in the So. Utah parks and Yellostone/GTNP the following week...expect last night in Salt Lake City.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Rim-1 night or 2?

Sounds great, when are you going?