We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steakhouse

Connecticut
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Steakhouse

Where is the best Steakhouse between Phoenix-Sedona-GCNP.It doesn't have to be the most expensive,only the best.

TUCSON
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Steakhouse

That's like asking where is the best sunset. Depends, what you like.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,036 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steakhouse

There is no steakhouse at GCNP. Steaks are served in both El Tovar Dining Room and the Arizona Room. If you mean one on the way to GCNP, Sedona would likely be the best place to find one. In the Phoenix area there are likely at least a dozen "best steakhouses."

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steakhouse

Bobbear is right on, as far as the GC. In Sedona, I think the best steak is the ribeye at the Cowboy Club.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steakhouse

If you come to Sedona and the Grand Canyon for steak, you've come for the wrong reasons. That said, Cowboy Club is a good place for dinner, whether you get steak or not. In Phoenix, there are several good places to get steak, (Mastro's, etc.) but compared to other parts of the country, steakhouses are not Phoenix's forte. When in Rome...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,586 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steakhouse

Totally agreeing. make your plans to enjoy the Grand Canyon and northern Arizona. It's not about food. And especially not about steaks.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steakhouse

Between Phoenix-Sedona-GCNP ? The answer would have to be Sedona. try Saddle Club or Redstone Cabin. They're both excellent. In Phoenix Try Donovans or Kincaids. Anything beats Mexican food - neither of us can stand that!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,487 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steakhouse

>> Anything beats Mexican food - neither of us can stand that!

OK... sort of a strange thing to say, isn't it? Seeing as you're the destination expert for Phoenix, guess I won't be going to *that* forum for Mexican restaurant recommendations in Phoenix...

Btw, one of *my* favorite aspects of going to Mexico was the food and my favorite meal in Phoenix (with friends who live in Phoenix) was, in fact, Mexican.

Edited: 07 April 2010, 19:08
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steakhouse

The "Saddle Club" is actually the Silver Saddle Room at the Cowboy Club. That is the CC "adult" dining room. Definitely more intimate and upscale than the main dining room, and the same great food.

I'm not sure if Redstone Cabin takes parties of just a couple of people any more. But the one time we did go there, we found the menu rather limited. So we just left and went to the CC main dining room instead.

I have to (respectfully, of course) disagree with RedRox. To me, an integral part of any vacation is the food, and I love a good steak. At the Grand Canyon, you won't find that great steak, so just use the dining rooms there to "fuel up" for your time at the canyon.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,036 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steakhouse

Both the El Tovar and Arizona Room at the Grand Canyon serve very good steaks. Pricey but good.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,487 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steakhouse

>> At the Grand Canyon, you won't find that great steak, so just use the dining rooms there to "fuel up" for your time at the canyon.

I'd say that the "best" steak in the Grand Canyon is at Phantom Ranch. The secret for getting a great meal in the Grand Canyon is to spend the day hiking in the Canyon to get to it! The Mountain House lasagne at Granite Rapids was the best lasagne I've ever had in my life, hands down. ;)

Edited: 07 April 2010, 20:06