We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoover Dam /93 Construction

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
269 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hoover Dam /93 Construction

I read online that the Hoover Dam bypass opened to traffic Tuesday night. Is there still construction delays on 93? We will be traveling to the GC from LV on the 25th. . We leave for LV today.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

The bridge opened to traffic last night, but the last time I talked to the AZ Dept of Transportation they said they would have construction going on south of the dam through the end of the year. Not sure how much help that is.

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

Update please!

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
269 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

We left Las Vegas about 7 am on 10/25/10 and had absolutely no delays. Traffic was at a minimum at that time of the day. We returned from the GC on 10/27/10 and there was a little slow down south of the dam, but no delays of any sort. We came through that area about 11:30 am. Visited Hoover Dam at that time and it was busy around the Dam. The bridge and the Dam are both marvels!!! Can't imagine how traffic must have been without the new bridge.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

We left Vegas around 4:30am on 10/28 and ran into no construction delays on our way to the GC. Parts of 93 was restricted to one (narrow) lane for about 15 miles south of the Hoover Bypass bridge. We came back through the construction zone around 4:30pm that same evening. Traffic southbound appeared to be slow as construction crews were working. Traffic northbound was slow due to the reduction in speed limits on the approach to the bridge, however, it appears that most of the current construction is taking place on 93 south,

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

Thanks. I have driven dozens of times to Vegas from Sedona and in the "old days" it was somewhat painful, with traffic coming to a crawl around the dam, warranting one to go through CA on I-95, extending the voyage by many miles but sometimes saving time. I can't wait to drive over that marvel!

6. Re: Hoover Dam /93 Construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 06:15