We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

Hey,

Just a quick question to see if anybody could enlighten me as to how much it'll cost for gas to go from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and back again? I'll be driving a Dodge Charger if that helps?

Only looking for a rough esitmation if anyone knows.

Thanks a lot!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

Count on $ 75,-- (600 miles, 25mpg, $3,-- per gallon). Fuel is cheaper in Az than in NV. I'd fill up in Williams first (go off the interstate, fuel in Williams itself is cheaper than along the interstate or along az64). Refill in Kingman before heading back to Las vegas.

Tet

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
179 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

The above post seems to be a very good estimate. This past year I flew into Phoenix, filled up in Flagstaff, then spent two nights at the South Rim before heading to Vegas where I filled up again. I did not take the route over Hoover Dam, but did take part of Route 66. Basically, it would be a tank of gas each way. I had a Pontiac G6. Depending onthe price of gas, somewhere between $70 - $80 should be accurate.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

Try either of these sites for current gas prices in a variety of locations around Arizona: www.arizonagasprices.com or www.gasbuddy.com

Cottonwood, Arizona
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

The price of gas in the US is MUCH cheaper than in the UK and should be a minute portion of the over all budget for your vacation to the point that it should almost not be considered! $2.69/gallon these days in AZ...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

Cheers for the info. Just wanted to put it in the budget and not worry about it when I'm there!!

6. Re: Grand Canyon (Maswick Lodge) to Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 05:17