We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just fyi.....

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,376 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just fyi.....

A few of you may have noticed an absence of post from RedRox. I wanted to ask you all to keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

As you may or may not know he has been traveling back and forth from his home in Sedona to the East coast where he has been taking care of his Father. On this last trip East, RedRox had a major fall and severely broke his ankle which did required surgery to help with the mending process. He is doing well, but cannot put any weight on that ankle for a while. I hope I didn't overstep my bounds with this post....if I did I apologize!

Heal well my friend.....I for one miss your posts here on TA!

SJG

New York City
Level Contributor
83 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just fyi.....

RedRox, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Altho I have just recently got on the "Grand Canyon" forums, after catching up on all the information, everyone thanks you for your guidance.

(Thanks Southjerseygirl!) RedRox, hope your Dad is improving and of course, best wishes to you for a speedy recovery! Don

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just fyi.....

Thanks for the update, SJG. I will keep RRx and his father in my prayers. RRx needs them especially, not only for healing, but trying to care for an ailing elderly father on two good legs is tough enough. With a broken ankle, it just compounds the problem. Life sure can toss you a curve ball---here he hikes all over the Grand Canyon and Red Rocks of Sedona, then goes to New Hampshire and breaks an ankle. Go figure.

I will miss his posts, but if he will consider using his fingers to type instead of his toes, it would make it easier, and he could continue to assist travelers. :) :).

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just fyi.....

RedRox

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope you are back on your feet again soon. Take good care.

"Stumpy" wishes you all the best too!!

Giddyup

Thanks SJG for the update.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just fyi.....

I had heard about his father, but didn't know RR broke his ankle. I'm sorry to hear that! Hope he gets well quickly, and his father as well. RR, you know you're a valued member of this community; we miss you!

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just fyi.....

Will keep Alex in our prayers. He's such a good guy and a valuable friend to tripadvisor and all of us.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just fyi.....

Oh no! One thing on top of another... I'm sorry to read this.

Best wishes to everybody in the RedRox family for a speedy recovery!

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just fyi.....

I heard about it too - poor guy! Hang in there RedRox, we're all praying for you and your family.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
472 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just fyi.....

Oh, no! It never rains but what it pours! So sorry, Alex. We have been thinking about you, especially as we passed through Manchester Airport Tuesday.

We certainly have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and wish you a speedy recovery and the strength and grace to care for your Dad. We will look forward to your return to the forums. You are dearly missed.

Terry & Shirley

PS: Thanks so much SJG for the info.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just fyi.....

Thanks for posting this, definitely will be thinking of him and his family.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just fyi.....

Thank you for that information. He was back from his father it seemed briefly and then was absent from posting again so I assumed he went back to NH. It's distressing to hear of his fall and I'm so very sorry to hear that.

RedRox - if and when you get to read this please know that best wishes are being sent you way for a speedy recovery. I'm sure it's not easy to not be able to get around like you are use to.

Prayers for you and your family.