We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 66

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Route 66

Maybe the wrong forum for this - but on my way out of the Grand Canyon back to Vegas - we would like to drive down Route 66. What's the best way? Can I pick it up in Williams and take it all the way thru Seligman to Kingman?

Thanks

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 66

There is a short segment in downtown Williams, but it does not connect to the rest going west .... does have some interesting buildings, eating places, etc.. You can get off I-40 W at Ash Fork or Seligman and take 66 to Kingman. However the most interesting things are in Seligman, and the best scenery between Seligman and Kingman.

Morris County, New...
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 66

Thanks bobbear. Maybe in the interests of saving a little time I will do the Seligman - Kingman leg and skip Williams

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
987 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Route 66

You can exit off I-40 and drive through Williams for a quick Rt. 66 kick.

4. Re: Route 66

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 22:16