We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

Hi,

I will be staying in Williams without a car. Do you know an helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams AZ?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

I'm not aware of any organized tours that originate in Williams but I would think that you would be able to arrange a private tour that combines transportation from Williams to the airport in Tusayan for the helicopter ride and then onto the National Park at the South Rim.

It might be easier and certainly cheaper to rent a car in Williams and drive yourself to Tusayan. The yellow pages does list one car rental agency in Williams.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

None of the Grand Canyon helicopter tour companies offer pickup in Williams. However, Grand Canyon Old West Jeep Tours has a really good South Rim tour package that you can upgrade to include the 30-minute flight in the Eco-Star Helicopter. You would meet it at the Grand Canyon Store on the corner of Route 66 and Grand Canyon Boulevard just up from the train depot. Info ->: http://bit.ly/NhZYyP (link describes the package from Flagstaff, but it's also available out of Williams)

I did locate a car rental agency in Williams as well. They must be fairly new as this is the first I've heard of them and I'm in the tourism industry, so it's my job to know about these sorts of things. Plus their website is dated 2012. For what it's worth they're called I-40 Fleet Services and they're located in the downtown Williams area. http://www.i40fleet.com/Car_Rental.html

Newbury Park...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

Highly recommend I-40 Fleet Services, you can rent a car from them in Williams, Az and the drive to the Grand Canyon National Airport, about 45 minutes north. Excellent experience. First of all we tried contacting this business on a Sunday, even though they advertise "Closed" on Sundays they have an answering machine that listed a after hours contact cell number. We called the number and spoke to a live person, Ross, who offered to open the office just for us to rent us a car. What great service. The pricing was very fair and the Dodge minivan was clean and ran great. At the end of our stay the nice lady in their office, Tammy, informed me that we could drop of the car we rented by simply leaving the key at the front desk at the hotel we were staying at. Very Great Service. Highly recommend I-40 Fleet Services!

4. Re: helicopter tour company that picks up from Williams?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:15