There is a group of 10 of us hiking down South Kaibab, spending 2 nights and hiking up Bright Angel in March.
I have serveral questions:
* If we get 2 permits, will we be able to camp next to each other if we camp at Bright Angel campground?
* If we choose to not camp at BA campground, is there another camping area (maybe with a better view of the river?)
Possibly towards the Bright Angel trail?
* If we choose an alternative area to camp, can we still get sack lunches or meal at Phantom Ranch or is that reserved for BA and Phantom Ranch campers?
* What about restrooms?....dig a hole? ick! :0)
* We are training, reading, studying and reading more....but please share any "best kept secrets" and must do's/don'ts while we are at the bottom for 1 day....or hiking down/up!!
Grand Canyon or bust!!