We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayon today

atl
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Cayon today

We had planned on the GC today, but are concerned with weather. Called pink jeep to go with them, but they aren't going today. Az511 doesn't show road closures leading to canyon, is it safe for us to travel if PJ isn't going?

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,446 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Cayon today

If PJ isn't going then you probably shouldn't either.

I'm in Palm Springs right now and woke up this morning to see fresh snow on the mountains all around the valley, down to as low as about 2500 feet. That same front is passing through northern AZ and the 4 corners today. Flagstaff and the GCNP are at 7000 feet. I expect that there are road closures up there right now.

Stay in Sedona today and enjoy the snow views and photo ops. GCNP should be accessible maybe tomorrow or certainly by Monday. The front is packing high winds and moving fast. We had 55mph gusts near here yesterday.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Cayon today

…nps.gov/air/…

Here is a live cam at the south rim so you can "see what you can see.."

You might actually call the GCNP itself and see what their response is.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Cayon today

A, those mountains are spectacular with new snow aren't they? It is a cold, blustery day at the top of the tram don't you think? Enjoy them for me :o) it is gorgeous here in the Valley of the Sun, big white and gray clouds, some breeze and in the 50's, air is totally clear, can see the McDowells from my front yard like they were across the street.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,446 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Cayon today

Kristens, I hope you took my advice and stayed around Sedona today. I'm getting a series of photos from a buddy of mine who's been shooting all day long. Some of the pictures are beyond beautiful!

5. Re: Grand Cayon today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 05:17